Posted: Saturday, 29 April 2006 13:23
Here's a little report on what's going on in the Coldworker camp at the moment. We're still writing a lot of stuff and have started to add lyrics and vocals to a few of the songs. We can reveal the first song title from Coldworker: "Waiting for buildings to collapse".
We've also added a few solos to our tracks. It so appeared that André is gifted with fast fingers, as you can see in this little video clip of track #9, shot by Joel on the digital camera (slightly out of sync as always):
Roughly played version of track #9
We have also started revisiting our earliest material (which in this case mean stuff we wrote 2-3 months ago...) and made some slight changes as the earliest stuff sounds pretty different from the latest songs we've done that seems to be more "together". The changes includes less of the hardcore edge and more death metal as that is the sound we're going for.
The spirit is very good in the band and we are working hard with our stuff. We will do our first proper recording in June, but more details will come later regarding this.
We also have a MySpace page. We're not really doing anything with it yet, but if you have a MySpace account go there and add us.
So with that little report our of the way, it's time for us to beg for help. We are in need of a good logo for the band. We have some people working for us with the design but we think that the more designs we have to choose between the better. So we are open for any suggestions really.
1. You can submit your suggestion (or suggestions if you are really creative) as a 800px wide JPG, but the final logo - if we chose to use it - must be a vectorized EPS.
2. The logo should work in both small sizes (like the spine of a CD cover) and very large sizes (think a really huge backdrop), i.e. the letters can't be too thick or too thin.
3. The songs in this blog and the descriptions regarding the lyrical theme and such should be enough to give you a picture of what we want, i.e. not the average metal logo. There are some detailed descriptions of what we sort of want for those who need it, but we rather see that you do your designs without any further instructions.
4. We are into the idea of having some sort of symbol in our graphic approach (like Opeth's ”O”). However you don't have to do both a logo and a symbol, only a logo is fine.
5. There are NO MONEY involved in this. Your only reward is that it will be used. However, once the logo is used on CD covers, t-shirts and so on you will get some free stuff for sure.
Logos can be mailed to email@example.com.